Vehicle Spotlight: E-Coupe
The new 2018 E-Class Coupe had its world premiere last month at the Detroit Auto Show. With its 2017 sedan and wagon models, the E-Class family raised the benchmark for automotive intelligence. Now, up-to-the-minute intelligence meets a newfound sportiness with the all-new 2018 E-Class Coupe, available in both E 400 and E 400 4MATIC® versions.
Using the sedan as a point of departure, the coupe pares back E-Class design to its elements, with reduced lines and sensual forms emphasizing performance and luxury above all else. From its low grille and seductively long hood to its muscular rear and smoldering taillamps, the E-Class promises a nimble and sporty drive.
Fulfilling that promise is a powerful 3.0 V6 biturbo engine, capable of 329 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque*. A 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission allows for rapid shifting at lower engine speeds. A lowered suspension with selective damping adds to a sense of pure comfort in handling every curve.
Within, the E-Class Coupe signals its sporty take on intelligent driving, with a 12.3-inch high-resolution COMAND® display, turbine-inspired air vents, and Touch Control Buttons. In addition, the vehicle has a significantly larger footprint than its predecessor, creating greater space and comfort — and an unmistakable sense that we have entered new territory altogether.
The all-new 2018 E-Class Coupe will be available in abundant configurations in summer 2017. Catch its World Premiere at the North American International Auto Show in January.
• 3.0L V6 biturbo engine equipped with ECO Start/Stop
• 329 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque*
• 0-60 in 5.2 seconds; governed top speed of 130 mph*, **
• 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission
• Standard lowered suspension with selective damping
• Optional AIR BODY CONTROL suspension, including all-round roll/pitch/heave stabilization
• 12.3-inch high-resolution COMAND® display
• Available 12.3-inch widescreen instrument cluster merged under a single lens
• Multimedia system with standard COMAND® Navigation, including integration of smartphone via wireless pairing and wireless charging
• Available integration of Apple CarPlay® and AndroidTM Auto with compatible smartphones***
• Active Brake Assist
• Optional DRIVE PILOT system with Distance Pilot DISTRONIC®
• High-resolution LED Intelligent Light System
• MAGIC VISION CONTROL® wash/wipe system
*Preliminary numbers. Subject to change.
**Consumers are advised to drive safely and obey all traffic laws.
***Carplay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. and Android is a trademark of Google Inc.